The Education program is designed to prepare Christian teachers who are qualified to teach at both the elementary and secondary levels. The dynamic curriculum will give you practical application through weekly hands-on classroom experience at Hobe Sound Christian Academy, an accredited “Master School.” Graduates of the HSBC Education program are eligible to apply for Florida state certification as well as having the tools necessary to continue their education at the master’s level should they choose to do so. If you are interested in becoming an educator who communicates a Christian world-view to the next generation, click below for further information.
Joana Stratton – Chairwoman
We have several education degrees available. These degrees, offered both on campus and on line remain our most popular. If you have another interest, however, let us know.
The popular degrees are as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a Minor in Missions
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a Minor in Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a Minor in TESOL
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Science Education (*Blended degree)
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary English Education (*Blended degree)
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Math Education (*Blended degree)
- Bachelor of Arts in Alternative Secondary Education (you choose the specific area)
*Blended degrees are a mixed format of classroom and quality electronic study.
“The student teacher we recently acquired from Hobe Sound Bible College is a very creative teacher…an amazing storyteller. Any weaknesses are disappearing as she responds to the feedback from her cooperating teachers and from her college supervisor. She keeps a controlled, but relaxed atmosphere. The students talk when she is in charge but she does not allow it to get out of hand. I am enjoying her help in the classroom.” ~ Mentoring faculty comment
“The Hobe Sound graduate we recently hired is a good example to our tenured teachers. I have noticed an increase in quality performance school-wide because of her presence. She is able to do creative activities with her students and to continue to manage them well. I see group work, games, outdoor activities, and traditional exercises mixing throughout the school day.” ~ School Principal
Are you ready to impact your world?
Click below to begin the application process.